POCC is leaving BURST !!! Statement 03.01.2019 https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium/status/1080727862238416896

• POCC is now leaving BURST, they wrote it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium/status/1080727862238416896

I have been watching the whole discussion on reddit and the discord over the last weeks and I am dissapointed about the lack of professionality from every side.

So the POCC is leaving BURST after the complaints about double mining on their pools without informating their miners.

Every miner has the right to complain about everything he wants to but has to keep in mind that the POCC worked for free and should use fair diplomatic words for the complain.

And the POCC Team should be diplomatic too. For me they did good work und good software. I can't believe that they are leaving BURST only of the complaints the last weeks about the double mining.

The POCC tells they owe "us" nothing. And they are right about that.

But it's like in real life. There are always some people that are shouting and complaining about things.
    Only someone is complaining about something or me I don't quit at all !! In real world business you need reliability.

Of course POCC owes the community nothing and I don't know their real reason why they are leaving. But in my opinion they overreacted in some way (and the community too)

For me it sounds like General Motors stops building cars because someone is complaining. If GM would do this they would be called crazy.

Too much emotions on all side the last days. I don't know the POCC members and their (de-)motivation to work on burst.
    If I would have the skills to build the dymaxion i would never quit because of something like this.

We need highly skilled developer and programmer who can realize something like DYMAXION on the technical side AND we need the professional for emotions and marketing who can moderate when problems are discussed. It's like in the real world. Some guys are genius in developing but have lack in human interaction. Some guys can talk over hours and can convince with calm professional words without drama but can't develope anything. Perhaps someone can do both !!

Cryptocurrencies and in special BURST is nothing emotional. But humans are able to make strange things when they feel hurt even when it seems to be totally absurd.

In a certain way i think the POCC feels hurt by the community. All in all they shouldn't have made this hard decision to leave burstcoin. It is their decision.

If we want anybody (professional businesses or privat people) to adopt or invest BURST the most important thing is realibility. If you announcend something official you better should do the work until it is completed or you shouldn't announce it.

The POCC wrote on Twitter that they will do whatever they want to do with their pools and that is ok because this time they said it clearly and the miners knows about that. So everybody has the choice to use or not to use the POCC pools.

I really appreciated the previous statements of POCC during the network attack summer 2017. The said they are here to stay and not be emotional drama like burstnation and that they are here to stay in the long run. And now all this emotional drama during the last weeks adn then this hard short end. For me the long run in not less than 5 years. POCC seems not to be appreciated about the "community". They say there is no real communtiy. But that is the lack of all decentral anonym cryptocurrencies and i think perhaps that could be reason the most cryptos will fail.

The "communtiy" is the same like before all this trouble over christmas. Nothing has changed. The POCC wrote they "also came to the conclusion, that there is not a healthy culture of give and take between core team and community and whatโ€™s worse". I am sorry to read this. I always thought their aim to be in the top 10 would give them more than the community could give on money. Should the community give more love or be more thankfull, I don't get it ? I always has been thankfull and wondering how fast they are developing software for burst over the last year!!

For the conlusion i give you discussion about the dual mining complaints i wished for

Community:
    Hey, are dual mining on your pools without informing me ?

1. Possible answer from POCC
      Yes we did some testing for this option and in the future you have the choice to do dual mining or not. And if its stable we reward you someway. We are dual mining with BHD, we know it's not you favorite coin but we want to give you this options with our pools. If you don't like dual mining you can deactivate this option.

2. Possible answer from POCC
      Yes we did some testing for this option. We are dual mining with BHD or any other poc coin in the future. We know it's not your favorite coin but we wanted to do this to give more efficiency to our Pools and give the developers some more money for developing burstcoin. They do hard work and we figured out that there is not a healthy culture of give and take between core team and community, so it would be a good support from the community for us doing dual mining.

But it wasn't that way.

I read something about attacking BHD and selling BHD to destroy BHD. An 51% attack, Emotional DRAMA, Trust, people attacking each other, People like nixops got banned from cg discord ...... . Personally i was thinking " what the hell is going on its christmas ". It could have been easy for POCC / Community to give an short answer and calm down but it wasn't that way. The drama keeps up more and more and i think that some people want to get this drama for their own reasons. That's what i am disapppointed, all of this drama and emotions even the leaving of POCC was unnecessary. The PoCC did amazing work and had the right vision (Dymaxion) but in communication this time they failed. What did POCC team think of what happend if some miners on their pool finding out that they are dual mining with no reward and more electricity using and the POCC team made no information about that. They have to know that some miners would freak out about that and that they complaining about this in the forums. The POCC must have known that some miners are not amused about that.

During the announcing of the POCC Team they told not to be emotional and that they professionals and want to develop Burstocin without drama to the top 10. I am just wondering what happened the last 4 weeks to the real goal " The Dymaxion". I can't believe that this vision is falling victim the dual mining and lack of communication skills on all sides over the last 4 weeks.

• @burnme said in POCC is leaving BURST !!! Statement 03.01.2019 https://twitter.com/PoC_Consortium/status/1080727862238416896:

nted, all of this drama and emotions even the leaving of POCC was unnecessary. The PoCC did amazing work and had the right vision (Dymaxion) but in communication this time they failed. What did POCC team think of what happend if some miners on their pool finding out that they are dual mining with no reward and more electricity using and the POCC team made no information about that. They have to know that some miners would freak out about that and that they complaining about this in the forums. The POCC must have known that some miners are not amused about that.

PoCC did a very well job and yes its sad they are leaving. But when it comes to peoples money (Electricity) it hurts.
    Stealing is stealing and thats what PoCC did - end of story!

Just admit it and move on for Burst ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• @zohtar

They should have informed the miners before testing. That was the failing communication. I think they don't come back. They don't want to come back. And in the end of my text i wrote it. They seems to be highly skilled developers and it's hard to believe that they didn't know what shitstorm from the community comes on dual mining and not informing about that before.

It seems they looked for a way out and used the community shitstorms to exit burstcoin development.

So if the community doesn't matter like they say they would have working on Dymaxion without drama . It 's like in the real world on the working place. If yout want to quit your job you find a reason to quit without saying the real reason if you don't want to.

Perhaps we get a fork or something else from the POCC, we will see.

• Whats is the community.

There can be no real community in forums.

If i would create a new coin for PoCC like Chia or BHD and i dislike the other coin like Burst.

I would go to the forums create an account and shout at the developer team until they stop development. Nice and easy if that is working.

Perhaps we should have a look on SmartCash. What if we get an similar voting system which depends on holding coins. So if we can ask the community for decicions. And only the real invested can vote. So we know that every man who is voting is realy invested and the more the more oting is possible.

The end is always the beginning of a new. We have to think of possibility to solve problems in burstcoin in a less toxic and not destroying way.

• @burnme We should just relax. New devs will come ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Looks like Burst will be d-listed from Polo any day now. And that will probably be the end of that.

• it was the end when polo turned crypto cop and forced photo i.d. @Dillion , in my opinion, my funds are stuck there and thats just wrong. Everyones a suspect. as far as POC Consortium leaving well its not like any of them met face to face on the street and as for this voting in the top 10 voting stuffs everything up and internet vote is as faceless as vpn. I could be in japan and use tor over vpn and look like a south korean. I could be on a vpn and pretend to be at the north pole. Or even generate a million fake votes tricking the voting mechanism all without a subscription to any vpns proxies etc. Hey if i liked a coin and knew this wouldnt you think i'd go ahead and vote a billion times?!? no. crypto voting should be banned. It attacts trouble. Voting is for ballot boxes. backdoors are getting installed on security end points because the minority are a majority on social media is primarily why i've left many services lately. I've even been attacked at my home. several times. Makes me wonder what happened to pocc members. Seriously though, java itself is being revealed as dead more than ever now. I think it would be a good time to port the wallet comletely away from it. If it was ported to rust language it would have much less cpu overhead and harder to find exploits.

• It would be nice if it was at least listed on a exchange with a DOGE market. Like CoinExchange, tradesatoshi or yobit. That way we can still mine and trade it when it tanks under one sat. Just being on POlo, and Bitrex really fux us. We need get on them smaller exchanges too. I know its on c-cex and livecoin too but its been in maintenance on both of those exchanges for weeks now if not months.

• @zohtar agreed. i think instead of crying over POCC leaving we should be looking forward to new and better things from the new devs that will surely come. i dont think the negativity encourages new devs to come. our energy should be put into creating a healthy enviroment for new devs to work.

• the toll is getting heavy for polo https://www.bestbitcoinexchange.net/en/poloniex-com/

the user comments say it all
    They need to back off the photo ID racket.
    Last I looked at the polo exchange every coin fell through the floor as they were recovering from a server crash LUL
    Besides, security is where Anonymity ends and thats at the Banks and ATM's bitcoin ATM's take photos banks transfer coins to cash and vice versa.