Who's telling the truth?

• photo removed I don't like showing my desktop much

• What do I go on?

• Check if the wallet is up-to-date with the same block as the explorer,and if not, add the additional payments showing on the explorer to your total. Can't see the block number from the wallet, so it's just a guess. If the wallet is up-to-date, work with the explorer figure as to the true balance would be my suggestion

• Also possible would be if you have any assets "buys" up. That would lower your wallet displayed dollar amount by that amount. You could cancel them and your balance would be restored minus the cancellation transaction cost.

• 0_1538061129383_New Bitmap Image.jpg

• I just transferred my miners coins to see both values went up but CG seems to think I'm richer than the blockchain does how fecking WEIRD!

• @zapbuzz How big is the difference? I've noticed small differences for a couple of times and I think is some kind of fee that is not being counted in the explorer...

• about 500 coins and "some" kind of fee? could it be related to earlier issues such as inability to process transactions on online wallets or local ones. I had to use external web browser to do it local wallet only way possible. Now its still not working properly. can't navigate asset holdings.

• @zapbuzz said in Who's telling the truth?:

about 500 coins and "some" kind of fee? could it be related to earlier issues such as inability to process transactions on online wallets or local ones. I had to use external web browser to do it local wallet only way possible

Well 500 burst of difference seems a lot, can you share your address?
    I've seen small differences like a couple of Burst, and I have a feeling that is some fee(s) from the Asset Exchange that is not being counted in the explorer.

Using the web browser to connect to a localhost wallet is exactly the same as using it in QBundle... Not sure why are you not able to navigate the asset holdings, which version of the wallet are you using?

• BURST-X3DK-Y3GV-QY2E-G8R8H

• @ZapbuzZ Ok so I found out why it is showing you different balances... On the explorer it shows your guaranteedBalance and on the wallet shows your unconfirmedBalance...
    Now, here comes the tricky part, how do you have an unconfirmedBalance lower than your guaranteedBalance and no transactions to confirm?
    My best suggestion is that you had some transaction that you made during some fork, and the chain didn't corrected itself yet... Only heard about this happening a couple of times before (and during forks), basically if it is the same thing as before it will exist one day that you go back to your wallet and realize you are around 500 Burst richer than you thought...

Check this API call to your wallet: https://wallet.burst.cryptoguru.org:8125/burst?requestType=getBalance&account=BURST-X3DK-Y3GV-QY2E-G8R8H

EDIT: Also check this post: https://burstforum.net/topic/584/problem-with-unconfirmed-transaction/6

• thanks @gpedro there might be others who this happened to as well as the inability to navigate or interact with asset listings in wallets.

• @zapbuzz I'm sure it happened to others too (not sure if they noticed tho), but the main point is that the chain should correct itself, as soon as there are not enough nodes supporting the forked chain where your "stuck" transaction is...

I think that if you go to your transactions page on the wallet, you may find a transaction with "/" confirmations somewhere (probably with a couple of days/weeks already)... Once that transaction gets dropped, it should not appear in that list anymore, and your balance should be correct, in theory...

Please bear in mind that I'm not a coding expert, especially of the wallet core, so I may be wrong, but I've seen it happened a couple of times before (during the BN transactions spam forks this happened with quite some people, also 1 or 2 times before that)...

At least now you know why... And a good advice is to always remember of looking to your wallet state before submitting a transaction to the network, in order to avoid stuck transactions due to forks... 😉