Creep Miner

• Also dont use the Beta Creep miner 1.8.*
    Use the 1.7.*

• admin

@zac123 Don't know why it died, but set it up with a looping batch file so if it dies, it'll restart:

Creep.bat:
    :loop
    creepminer
    goto loop

H.

• I don't usually have any miner down and I almost only use windows, but surely I agree that killing all the things that shut you down on Windows is not straightforward for the most... I must say I never had any miner exiting without an error on Windows so what I usually do is just a bat with the EXE and a pause in the end so it catches the error for me.
    So when I do changes or something I catch the issues and usually if I kept solving them, at some point, I have a pretty stable system... That's how usually goes for me with Burst Software... On Linux is a bit more reliable on the code you are running, instead of the code that its "running for you"...

@moverspool I totally get where you come from but I believe someone that knows how to manage Linux nowadays, knows how to keep any Windows version to rebooting so the @haitch bat should be enough for most Windows users to keep it working...

• @haitch said in Creep Miner:

Creep.bat:
    creepminer
    goto loop

ok thanks everyone for your help.

it crashed this morning so i looked through the event log and found this at the same time of the crash:

Faulting application name: creepMiner.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b3f72f4
    Faulting module name: MSVCP140.dll, version: 14.0.23026.0, time stamp: 0x558ce301
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000188c6
    Faulting process ID: 0x1f94
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d43465bdf064c4
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\creepMiner.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll
    Report ID: 5f6dedf8-d1df-4f6f-96d7-0f60845fa27b
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

i think the .bat idea is good. i'll do some research today and see if i can put one together.

• ok so i'm trying to put together a .bat file as suggested. this is what i have so far:

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq creepMiner.EXE" /FO CSV > C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\search.log

FINDSTR creepMiner.EXE C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\search.log > C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\found.log

FOR /F %%A IN (C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\found.log) DO IF %%~zA EQU 0 GOTO end

start C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\creepMiner.EXE

:end

del C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\search.log
    del C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\found.log

i then run a scheduled task every five mins.

problem is it seems to open up a new instance every time it runs regardless of whether the miner window is open or not

• admin

creep.bat:

@echo off
    C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\creepMiner.EXE
    goto loop

• @haitch said in Creep Miner:

@echo off
    C:\Users\Burst01\Desktop\creepMiner-1.8.3.0-win64\creepMiner.EXE
    goto loop

ok thanks. that looks a little simpler than mine. so i should schedule a task to run this? or just use this to start the miner?

again tho, this just seems to ignore the fact that the miner is running and it opens up a new instance

• @zac123 just use this to start the miner

• @energy said in Creep Miner:

@zac123 just use this to start the miner

ok done, lets do some burstin!! 🙂

• admin

@zac123 Just use it to launch the miner - if the miner dies for some reason it'll loop around and restart it.