my experience in Cloud Mining with Google Drive Storage

• Hi
    here i want to share my experience in mining with Google Drive storage.
    first thing first , i used a VPS (1Gb/s) for plotting 1.1 TB plot file and upload it to google drive with browser. and each file is 90.0 GB size . i upload all of 1.1 TB in 15 days.

i used NetDrive 2 (Pro) to create a local drive with my Google drive storage in VPS.
    but for mining i had a lot of issues , in Blago_miner it has 7 , 8 MB/s reading speed and it takes 40 to 60 seconds to read all of them. but it has very big problem which is it can't confirm founded nonce to the pool.0_1532792825400_Cadpture.JPG i changed all of the setting and tested for 2 days and it doesn't work. maybe @gpedro because of his experience can help me with that!

but good news is in creep miner 1.8.3 it works without any error but in very low speed (0.80 MB/s).

0_1532793134759_Cadptasdure.JPG

so i think that because of some changes in creep miner 1.9.0.17 it works better , so i tested and has very good speed in reading but same as blago_miner , it can't confirm submitted nonce.

0_1532793673843_Captasdure.JPG

so now i use creep miner 1.8.3 with low speed .... 😞
    and sorry for my bad English.

Update 2018-08-29

this month i uploaded 11 Tb Plot files and connected to 1Gbps connection in my VPS . the read speed with creepminer 1.9.0.17 is 12 13 Mbps and has 2048 buffer and 16 buffer chunks config.
    also in two folder separate , the speed was 12Mbps too.
    0_1535568153220_Captuddre.JPG

0_1535568159922_Captudre.JPG

• i don't mean to be negative but why even bother. online cloud data providers have been known to ban burst users

• I suppose an extra TB for free even if it reads slow is still an extra TB..... And if you have the bandwidth to do it, a couple or so minutes on a long block might just net a result

• @bluebook yes of course , i am heading to upload 100 TB or more .....
    but in VPS because of lack of HDD , i can only upload 90 GB per day.

• admin

@moso you need to update your miner 1.170820 is not PoC2 compatible. Grab Johnny's fork from:

https://github.com/JohnnyFFM/miner-burst/releases

• @moso your plots are not PoC2 and you should update your miner as haitch said... As your plots are not PoC2 it will be even slower than stated by me before because will need to do the on-the-fly conversion, which is a really bad thing for you as you would have to re-upload your plots after convert them and that would mean another 15 days to get it to work...

• How do you get 1 TB free? here in Spain costs € 9.99 per month

• @energy He may have it from a Google team account, they cost 10$ a month per user and give you the best cloud connection I found with unlimited Tbs, the drawback is that the team needs to have at least 3 users. So 30$ a month...
    This does not work well for mining purposes at scale, the max I've seen someone reporting was being mining with around 5Tb. Although if you already have one of those accounts, why not use it to make some money meanwhile? At least will reduce your bill to google right?

• @gpedro If as a test it is good but it is not profitable, how many TB do you need to discount those € 30? also if you take 15 days to have 1 TB how long would you need to get to those € 30 ??? It would have to be calculated but I do not know if it would not be more profitable to buy the hard drives and then they will not block them as I think it happened with amazon

• @gpedro @Energy I have a .edu email that has unlimited google drive storge for free , i downloaded google file stream and it shows that i have 1EB Storge , like him
    alt text

so it is all profitable :))))) , and vps is ~3 US $ per month

• the reason I asked is I have read so many people got banned from cloud data providers for doing burst.

• @gpedro @haitch , thank you. i didn't thought about PoC2 at all.
    Thanks again
    i should fix them...

• @zapbuzz in Reddit i never see anyone say that with google services they banned for mining.
    but in Dropbox and AWS , many people says that.

• thanks @moso I might give it a go one day

• haha my google cloud drives are still ticking along on poc 1 plots probably should update them... Never had a problem since @gpedro and I started messing with it.

But I will say that the Johnny's fork of blago does seem to hang up (downloading from cloud) again when there is a fast block, Blago had fixed this in one of the later releases.

• @crutsy yeah... The OGs of cloud mining xD
    Well, I stopped mining them when the fork happened, because it is just too slow and as my internet bandwidth got worst in the meantime I decided to stop them but one of my 23 clouds actually hit a block so Mission accomplished... hahaha
    As they are free clouds the network bandwidth is even worst for us @crutsy ...

@ZapbuzZ never heard of anyone being banned with Google, with Amazon, however, was the lunch of all that tried xP

@moso good luck with the replotting... Probably it will just pay for the VPS xD
    You can mess with it and try different configurations by splitting the plots into folders and see if it gets better while mining, use a number of folders that is multiple of the number of CPU threads you are using to mine because the miner will assign one CPU thread by plot path... You can also read plots sequentially, try to mess with it, you will very likely notice some fewer hiccups on the network and a more stable internet download speed... Good luck, it is a fun project and will let you through the ins and outs of the mining configurations on Burst...

@Energy You can't really look at it as an investment but is a good hobby project that teaches you some good grounds with any cost at all... If it is free like having this account like he has, and if you already have a PC running 24/7, you just put it to mine and forget about it, one day you'll check and you are rich thanks to mining your Google cloud... lol
    I can assure you that my 23 x 15GB free Google accounts (aprox. 340Gb) made me more than 3000 Burst in one year... For an account to be cost effective it would have to mine around 7 Tb if I recall the math right, I know I did all that math a while ago... I think @RichBC was the one I said that reached the 5Tb mark with google but he saw that he was basically capped in there and it would not work as an investment, but you can in most months make the cloud pay for itself if you have a good internet connection and Google does not cap you too much... One thing to notice is that if you are downloading insane amounts of Gbs per day google will eventually start to limit the bandwidth that let's you use...

• @gpedro As a short-term investment, you can not see it right now either buying hard drives.

It is clear that if it is free for very little to get ahead, I understand that, the problem is with the prices I see in google that is not profitable the only thing you have money and do not mind spending it, another thing is what I eat have unlimited free space for little you get is all win

• @energy As I said in the best months it will pay for the entire 30$ but expect that to not happen in the most months... Best case scenario you get the cloud for free and can enjoy your free unlimited space... but if it just pays for 2/3 of the cloud price and you have to pay monthly 10$ for an unlimited cloud that can be accessed by 2 different persons, averaging a 5$/month per each with unlimited store space is pretty amazing no?

• @gpedro To pay the full 30 euros right now if I'm not wrong you need 90TB which if we take the example set here will take them 45 months to have them active, but you have to keep in mind that if you do not improve the price you have to increase the months and TB already that 5% less is mined every month.

But I do not know if I've explained myself, I understand what you say and if it's free for you, you have to take advantage of it, but I do not think it's more profitable to buy the hard drives.

I just found what you say is 8 euros per month but a minimum of 5 users to be unlimited, if not only give you 1TB

• @energy Yeah you are right, they changed the pricing... It used to be 10$ per user and needed 3 users to be unlimited...
    Now it's expensivier to get the unlimited plan...That was too low tbh...

But cloud mining is not a risk for HDD mining because the network bandwidth is a big limitation, maybe it will be as possible to mine with clouds as it is with HDDs when all the world is covered with 1000/1000 fiber, but until then it is just a good teaching-hobby that maybe let you make a few extra bucks if you have the cloud for free and a PC already running 24/7...