Crashing

• ok turns out I had a bad sector on a plotted HD. i have used windows to repair/remove the sector and i'm now mining again. hopefully without crashes. i'll leave it for 24hrs and see

• remember that a bad sector is a sign its time to replace the disk; more bad sectors will follow.

• @zapbuzz said in Crashing:

remember that a bad sector is a sign its time to replace the disk; more bad sectors will follow.

yes good advice. thank you

• your disk does have a space which houses spare clusters but when pc crashes and windows marks bad sectors on your disk it means they are already used. Also performance takes a dive.

• @zapbuzz hi

I am having 30TB plotted
    in mining It went upto 25TB and now it is 16TB
    I need to do anything to reach 30TB

Please inform

• @zapbuzz oh I did not know this. This is very worthwhile knowing. So basically it's time to change out the hd.

• @kalibc said in Crashing:

@zapbuzz hi

I am having 30TB plotted
    in mining It went upto 25TB and now it is 16TB
    I need to do anything to reach 30TB

Please inform

I'm interested to know how are you plotting 30tb in one go? I have always just done one hd at a time.

• @zac123
    sorry
    8TB external HDD 4 nos
    1 by 1 i did
    1 HDD 5 days it took

• @KALIBC when nothings found (nonce) your displayed capacity decreases on historical shares over time and goes up again when nonces are found again. I have just on 70tb I'm lucky to display 60tb, but its the average ; stops people receiving pay whilst not contributing a fair share. Only your installed miner can display the full capacity you own (unless your contributing 100% on a pool that has less miners but also can mean less payouts.)

• @zapbuzz
    Thanks for the feedback
    1 month back it reached 30TB
    Due to my vacation, 3 weeks not involved in mining
    So doubt came. I will wait

• 360 rounds for a realistic outlook @KALIBC and don't check up all the time being on VPN pools are sensitive with stats that it can degrade your mining temporarily causing historical share loss due to the nature of encrypted tunnelling from same origin. (give it a look once a day) Most noticeable on GSM and other lower bandwidth connections.

• looks like even with the HD taken out of the miners list my system still crashes/freezes.

next step is to physically take the disc out.... if only i labelled them when i put them in doh!

• it could also be memory your systems memory can be tested with this tool ,also, be good idea to install temperature monitoring tool to see if your cpu / gpu overheats. here's one here a virus scan is a good idea as well.

it could also be memory your systems memory can be tested with this tool ,also, be good idea to install temperature monitoring tool to see if your cpu / gpu overheats. here's one here a virus scan is a good idea as well.

thank you. the mem test was a pass with no errors. i'll try logging some temperatures tonight

• forgot to mention if you use a motherboard built in gpu they not really suitable best to use pcie one (when gpu mining)

• @zapbuzz oh yeah for sure. wouldn't even attempt at mining with the onboard. this miner is for burst mining anyway. i'm not actually gpu mining on this machine..

• if it crashes and its temperature is normal then you know the CPU is dying but if you see the temperature go over 55 oC I recommend replenish the CPU/heatsink compound. That can be displayed on YouTube if your unfamiliar your motherboard may have a utility app to manually adjust CPU fan speed to increase venting as well.

• @zapbuzz i'm looking at the open hardware software and it doesnt appear to give me cpu temps ?

if it crashes and its temperature is normal then you know the CPU is dying but if you see the temperature go over 55 oC I recommend replenish the CPU/heatsink compound. That can be displayed on YouTube if your unfamiliar your motherboard may have a utility app to manually adjust CPU fan speed to increase venting as well.

i switched on the blago miner an watched the cpu temp;. i cant see this being the problems tbh0_1532894803400_cpu temp.JPG

• looks good, you using windows 10? the reason I ask is windows 7 has a major flaw in its memory management and possibly vista but windows 8 and newer are far better.