For Sale - High-end Miner.
As most of you will know, I'm a hardware freak and the builder of outrageous systems, both small (The 80TB Odroid miner) and Large (The PennyWise2 1.1PB miner). I've been doing some trading of parts with friends recently and have the basis of another highend miner. My expansion will be via PW2 so this is a rig being built for sale.
- CPU: Dual E5-2650 V3 Xeons - 20 Cores/40 Threads
- RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC
- Drives: 12 * 8 TB HGST SAS3 Enterprise drives.
- OS Drive: 500GB PCIe NVMe
- Controller: 8 * SAS3 Ports from motherboard, 8 * SAS 3 ports from Add In Card
- SATA: 10 Additional SATA 3 Ports
- Video: Integrated
- IPMI Included
- 10Gb Ethernet - SFP+
- External SAS Expansion: LSI 9601-16e
- Total system is in a 4U Rack Mount Chassis
This is a 96TB fully integrated Burst Miner. Drives are not plotted, but can be for an additional fee.
There are a total of 16 Internal SAS3 ports - 12 are in use, up to 4 additional SAS3 HDD/SSD can be added (3 is the 800GB is retained)
Base system price: $5,500
Yes, I know that's a big number for a miner, but it's a validated platform for making a very large miner - and saves you the costs of errors I incurred building a 1PB miner.
An extra 28 x 8TB Drives over SAS2
- Total capacity: 320TB
- Base system + SuperMicro 28 drive drive chassis
- 28 * White Label WD Red SATA3 drives in the addon
Total capacity: 320TB
Combo Cost: $12,000
Optional add ons are available:
- SAS2 Enterprise 800GB Drives $500
- GPU: Dependant on the model you want and ability to support.
Exact specs are open to negotiation.
The system has been built, and is currently mining 12 * 8TB drives. Will be expanding to 40 Drives today.
Current mining times (96 TB): Low mining time: 9.9 seconds, High: 15.5 Seconds.
Will update when expanded to 40 Drives.
CPU Plotting to 5TB SATA - No Staging
GPU Direct to 8TB SAS, no staging
GPU to 5TB SATA, Staging to the SSD
GPU Direct ot 5TB SATA
goodplanets last edited by
those cpus are decent for mining too.
i put a low priority on the cpu miner though.
@haitch Work in progress
keyd0s last edited by
@haitch woah damn that's a beautiful piece of art. Happy to see you haven't lost your passion! :P
zac123 last edited by
wow, where do you even fit all those drive in? are these custom made cases?
@zac123 12 Drives in the case itself. Previous one I built had 15 drives and was a cabling mess, this one has 12, but it's really tidy. The additional 28 would go into a SuperMicro external chassis - it SAS links back to the server. My main miner has a couple of the SuperMicro 45 drive chassis.
@keyd0s Thanks :) She sure is pretty .... and pretty quick ....
@haitch I just finished building a workstation/proof of concept PC for a friend. His had a couple of additions over what I'm proposing - eg Dual GPU, 10Gb Ethernet .....
It's an E5-2650V3 Xeon in a consumer mobo. 10 Core/20 Thread, non ECC DDR. It runs like a champ, and would make a great desktop or mining build. I have a couple more of the CPU's and am happy to build more of these if anyone is interested:
- Asus X99 Mobo
- Intel Xeon E5-2650 V3 CPU (10 core/20 Thread) with closed loop water cooling.
- Case: NZXT Mid Tower (11 x 3.5 Internal Drive bays)
- Corsair 750W Modular PSU
- 256GB Plextor NVMe PCIe OS Boot drive.
- DDR4 (non-ECC) RAM - tbd by buyer
- GPU - tbd by buyer
Cost would be $900 + list cost of RAM + GPU + shipping.
Other hardware upgrades modifications are possible. DM me.
The system comes with NO HDD, just the SSD, but I can add 8TB White Label WD Reds for ~ $185 each depending on availability.