Wow!

• admin

@energy good question, i have no idea :-) somehow the pool calculates your 'effective capacity' by the deadlines you commit ... why a special calculated target deadline should hellp with that ... i do not know.

Edit: from a miner perspective ... i just deliver what they want ... and do not ask why :-)

• admin

@energy If you're on a PoCC style pool, go to the pool page, then Quick Info tab. Enter your plot total size into the calc and it'll give you a target deadline to add to the miner config. The pools pay based on effective capacity, which is estimated on the deadlines you submit. Having deadlines well in excess of the recommended deadline skew your estimated capacity quite badly.

• @energy the target DL is the worst possible DL that you will submit to the pool if you find one... So if you have a targetDeadline of 1000000, that is the value of the worst DL you will submit to the pool...

Now imagine that you have a targetDeadline much higher than what the pool accepts... targetDeadline of 1.000.000 and pool only accepts DL's of 500.000 or lower, when you submit a DL of 750.000 the pool get's your DL, discard it automatically because it's higher than the max DL of the pool but still use that DL to calculate your average, so your average lower itself more than if you didn't had actually sent any DL in that block... This is why is wise to have the targetDeadline well configured, not needed but wise if the pool has a low targetDL...

• admin

@gpedro The pool will actually tell the miner the highest DL it accepts, none of the current miners will send a DL that exceeds that. The targetDeadline is to put in an even more restrictive DL limit. Even if the pool accepts a 1 year DL, that's never going to win, so lets be kind to the pool and not send an DL that exceeds (for example) 7 days (still never going to win, but less stress on the pool).

• @haitch Oh ok... Blago Miner already does that by default? I wasn't aware...
    That is exactly what @luxe said that happens with 'dynamicTargetDeadline=true' in jminer, if I got it right...

• admin

@gpedro I believe the jMiner dynamicDeadline performs the PoCC calculation for you and uses it as the target DL.

• @haitch @gpedro I know that and I understand what I mean is that before with poc1 it worked well and now or change the configuration of the pool or poc2 is more strict with this, since I have not changed the configuration

• admin

@energy Network capacity has drastically changed after the PoC2 enablement, re-calculate and update your target.

• @energy Well you are also using a very small time window as average, I think you should have a sample of at least a week to be able to draw that conclusion in a minimum accurate way...

• admin

@haitch said in Wow!:

@gpedro I believe the jMiner dynamicDeadline performs the PoCC calculation for you and uses it as the target DL.

exactly (but i still have no clue why this is needed by the pool, maybe just because everything above gets ignored anyway?)