block 496702 & 496703 won by our miners, but forged by ? we didnt get blocks..keeps happening.. Seems Fishy!

• admin

@rds One was a PoCC pool, the other was poolofd23th. Actual blocks were '703 and '704, not '702 and '703 in the subject.

• @haitch , regardless, I think there is some kind of chicanery going on since the release of all this new, centralized software.

• admin

@rds I don't think there is chicanery going on - PoCC 0-100 is missing out on a block they "should" have one

0_1527885578840_ffb4da2e-117f-4e5a-869d-5b0476c9012a-image.png

• @rds Seriously great use of the word though, i learned something today

chi·can·er·y
    SHəˈkān(ə)rē/Submit
    noun
    the use of trickery to achieve a political, financial, or legal purpose.
    "an underhanded person who schemes corruption and political chicanery behind closed doors"
    synonyms: trickery, deception, deceit, deceitfulness, duplicity, dishonesty, deviousness, unscrupulousness, underhandedness, subterfuge, fraud, fraudulence, swindling, cheating, duping, hoodwinking; More

• @haitch , ok so it might not be blatant "chicanery" but something is "rotten in Denmark"?? Why wasn't that 211 DL all over the network by the time the winner's DL was counting down for 25min 32 seconds? It's happening too many times, something's wrong with the software/setup.

• admin

@rds I've seen it happen before, before the PoCC appeared on the scene, sometimes what should have been a winning DL was simply not accepted by the network. Could it be happening more often, possibly, but also my pools have been betterover the last couple of days than they had been. So could it be a problem with the wallet, maybe, maybe not. I've not seen enough concrete examples to dig into it.

• @jaxblack , Hello my old friend! Yes, although @haitchs posts shows a possible reduced level of chicanery, the current situation is way more that just some tomfoolery or shenanigans, for sure.

• @rds Would you say it's somewhere between shenanigans and skullduggery?

• @tinycoins , exactly 🙂

• @haitch ...So what can be done? I simply do not want to just ignore it and sweep it under the rug. I have seen it at least 5 times on this server in the past week. I don't know how many times it has happened that I don't know about.

• @ogull , well, I'll tell you what I did. I moved to a pool that's hitting all the blocks. At least I know their submitted DLs are being "honored" by the bulk of the network. Problem with that is when everyone employs that "fix" you end up with a very decentralized network.

• when everyone's on poc2 I bet all the "the block is mine" will vanish I am running poc2 plots full well knowing conversion is slower and the pocc 50-50 pool does have some incredible hash power. New plots, updated system ready for the flip switch. I vote yes for poc2. As for pools; like your favourite online game choose the closest to your location will pull more. (why I left pocc 50-50)

• admin

@zapbuzz Both the PoCC pools have a massive amount of capacity - The top 10 Miners (of over 1,800 active miners) in PoCC 0-100 have over 5.8 PB between them, and the pool has around 48 PB. Looking at PoCC 50-50 Top 10 (of 950) is 6.6 PB, and the total pool is around 58 PB for active miners.

So, between the two pools, you're looking at over 100 PB of capacity - so they are going to win a ton of blocks. I fail to see the appeal of the pool to to average miner though. Yes they win a LOT of blocks, but spreading a block reward over that many miners makes for tiny earnings.

The bigger concern I have is that that much capacity being concentrated in the two pools. Of the current 385PB estimated capacity of the network, over 25% of the network belongs to just two pools.

Could there be chicanery? Definitely - but I think it's more the centralization of that much mining capacity and abnormalities arising from it.

The question should be what can be done to decentralize this mining capacity. I'll be reaching out to Rico discuss.

• yes @haitch decentralised capacity can cause an issue if suddenly those pools malfunctioned (nothing man made lasts forever) and efficiency would take a dive for their numbers hash wise.

• @haitch said ....Could there be chicanery? Definitely - but I think it's more the centralization of that much mining capacity and abnormalities arising from it.

So are you saying the big pool "becomes" the network, so it will recognize it's DLs over others that are hundreds of seconds better? Not so good, but as an individual miner until the playing field is leveled, as an individual miner, I have to go where the money is.

Over the last week, the small pool I was in never hit a block, despite at least 3 DLs I saw would have been better than the network winner. That was 3, at least, probably more.

Since moving to the new, big, pool, the "tiny earnings" I received in a day (350B) are more than I've seen in a long time in 24 hours without actually forging the block myself.

• This post is deleted!

• @burstde said in block 496702 & 496703 won by our miners, but forged by ? we didnt get blocks..keeps happening.. Seems Fishy!:

Its really a long average now. I was in a fast pool and it took me 9 days just to reach 100B. Once paid I switched to another and hit 81B in 2 days (still 81 3 days later ). What I'm saying is in 4 days it will be 9days again and I should have 100B with this other pool. I look at most miners addresses and see those larger miners always getting paid while others wait to hit that minimum pyt threshold 4-8 days out as the majority of the miners have small capacity. The average miner needs to mine the same way a bitcoin miner does and that is keep the plot running and watch a little t.v.
    My BCH payouts are every 4 -9 days too

@burstde, Did you post this here by mistake? Makes no sense.

• Yeah that's weird....must of been sleep walking

• @Ogull i read the thread and didn't undestand a lot because of luck of info.

You said that many blocks that should be won by you a won by others. Can you just give us more info. In your screenshot we can't see anything. So please give us more so we can talk about it.

1. Which exactly block you say was stolen by you?
    2. What was your DL's for that blocks?
    • we will see after that who really won that blocks and with what DL's.
    1. In what pool you were when this happend?

In addition is good to know that you can be beated by other miner with worst DL if he is faster than you. I have cases when my confirmed DL from the pool was 227sec. and was beated by 240 sec. But again this is normal because the other miner is broadcasted the his DL earlier than me.
    But that could happend only with closer DL's

If you a beaten from DL's that are minutes worst than yours than you should be worried and look in your stuff:

1. IS your clock synchronized!
    2. Make sure that your pool is confirming your DL's. If you send DL and the pool don't confirm it than the problem is in the pool.

So be more specific if you want to dig in the case. Make screenshots of your miner with send and confirmed DL's, so we can check your situation.

Cheers.

• This is a little off the subject but is wondering me. I have ran a pool 2 years had anywhere from 10 to 500 miners but the last 2 days wonder me. I am using the brs wallet 2.2.0 and we have yet to get a block. I have seen almost 1 day without a block but we are working on day 3. So this sort of fit in the chicanery category or so very bad luck.