block 496702 & 496703 won by our miners, but forged by ? we didnt get blocks..keeps happening.. Seems Fishy!

• I have been noticing lately our miners submit winning time but yet we not winning blocks by a large margin. Happened twice in a row earlier and thats just the ones i notice. I probably have seen it about 10 times already and have it photo/video documented. Please advise. I feel I am being cheated.

Also I have noticed no replies for over 8 days to messages to you. Hopefully we get a quick response... Miner...

• admin

Are you sure about that? It would be very unusual for the pool to have two consecutive winning pools. Can you post the screen shots you have?

sorry if you've not seen replies - I tried to start a chat session with you, but it appears you're posting as Guest, so I can't, and that may explain why you haven't seen responses. Please sign up for an account.

I've moved this over to the General section to continue the discussion.

H.

• @haitch , I have seen this as well. I'll bet the pool that scooped was a POCC pool. I wrote about this on the bursrtcoin.ml thread.

https://burstforum.net/topic/2660/burstcoin-ml/546

• @haitch . Hi sorry was trying to log in but password reset was not working, had to track down old password.

Anyways it was blocks 496703 and 496704. I have a pic from phone it is 1.79mb though. blocks actually won by TheHorde and Agama...
    0_1527874571717_IMG_20180601_084502.jpg

• admin

@ogull Do you know what the deadlines for our pool were ?

• one of them was a pocc 50-50 pool, not sure about other...

Has been happening allot over past few months..

• Thehorde 496703 16min 23sec.......Agama 496704 3min 23sec

• admin

@rds One was a PoCC pool, the other was poolofd23th. Actual blocks were '703 and '704, not '702 and '703 in the subject.

• @haitch , regardless, I think there is some kind of chicanery going on since the release of all this new, centralized software.

• admin

@rds I don't think there is chicanery going on - PoCC 0-100 is missing out on a block they "should" have one

0_1527885578840_ffb4da2e-117f-4e5a-869d-5b0476c9012a-image.png

• @rds Seriously great use of the word though, i learned something today

chi·can·er·y
    SHəˈkān(ə)rē/Submit
    noun
    the use of trickery to achieve a political, financial, or legal purpose.
    "an underhanded person who schemes corruption and political chicanery behind closed doors"
    synonyms: trickery, deception, deceit, deceitfulness, duplicity, dishonesty, deviousness, unscrupulousness, underhandedness, subterfuge, fraud, fraudulence, swindling, cheating, duping, hoodwinking; More

• @haitch , ok so it might not be blatant "chicanery" but something is "rotten in Denmark"?? Why wasn't that 211 DL all over the network by the time the winner's DL was counting down for 25min 32 seconds? It's happening too many times, something's wrong with the software/setup.

• admin

@rds I've seen it happen before, before the PoCC appeared on the scene, sometimes what should have been a winning DL was simply not accepted by the network. Could it be happening more often, possibly, but also my pools have been betterover the last couple of days than they had been. So could it be a problem with the wallet, maybe, maybe not. I've not seen enough concrete examples to dig into it.

• @jaxblack , Hello my old friend! Yes, although @haitchs posts shows a possible reduced level of chicanery, the current situation is way more that just some tomfoolery or shenanigans, for sure.

• @rds Would you say it's somewhere between shenanigans and skullduggery?

• @tinycoins , exactly :)

• @haitch ...So what can be done? I simply do not want to just ignore it and sweep it under the rug. I have seen it at least 5 times on this server in the past week. I don't know how many times it has happened that I don't know about.

• @ogull , well, I'll tell you what I did. I moved to a pool that's hitting all the blocks. At least I know their submitted DLs are being "honored" by the bulk of the network. Problem with that is when everyone employs that "fix" you end up with a very decentralized network.

• when everyone's on poc2 I bet all the "the block is mine" will vanish I am running poc2 plots full well knowing conversion is slower and the pocc 50-50 pool does have some incredible hash power. New plots, updated system ready for the flip switch. I vote yes for poc2. As for pools; like your favourite online game choose the closest to your location will pull more. (why I left pocc 50-50)

• admin

@zapbuzz Both the PoCC pools have a massive amount of capacity - The top 10 Miners (of over 1,800 active miners) in PoCC 0-100 have over 5.8 PB between them, and the pool has around 48 PB. Looking at PoCC 50-50 Top 10 (of 950) is 6.6 PB, and the total pool is around 58 PB for active miners.

So, between the two pools, you're looking at over 100 PB of capacity - so they are going to win a ton of blocks. I fail to see the appeal of the pool to to average miner though. Yes they win a LOT of blocks, but spreading a block reward over that many miners makes for tiny earnings.

The bigger concern I have is that that much capacity being concentrated in the two pools. Of the current 385PB estimated capacity of the network, over 25% of the network belongs to just two pools.

Could there be chicanery? Definitely - but I think it's more the centralization of that much mining capacity and abnormalities arising from it.

The question should be what can be done to decentralize this mining capacity. I'll be reaching out to Rico discuss.