Hosed my wallet

• I'm running the PoC wallet (https://github.com/PoC-Consortium/burstcoin) on Ubuntu 16.04. My wallet got stuck. I tried the pop off blocks thing several times, bit that didn't work. It looked like it had been stuck for several days. I noticed PoC had updated the wallet to 2.0.4 since I installed it in late March and thought maybe that would fix it. I did a "git pull" to get the new code and then burst.sh compile. It looked like that was successful. But now when I run it:

~/BRS2$ ./burst.sh
    Apr 30, 2018 12:54:23 AM brs.Burst validateVersionNotDev
    SEVERE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT WALLET, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS

Should I just do a fresh install of the wallet?

• @turningrusty
    You pulled the "master" branch, not the 2.0.x
    Just switch branches, no need to start from scratch.

• Thanks vaxman. That did fix my dev wallet problem, but now I'm back to the stuck wallet. I have popped off enough blocks that I'm stuck at April 17. Should I keep popping or should I reset and download from an empty chain? How do completely empty the blockchain?

• @TurningRusty
    If you're using the mariadb backend, just keep popping off a few thousand blocks.
    Do you have peers in your config and peers connected ? Is there anything in the brs.log ? There must either be a shortage of peers or an error message. Give it time, at least 30 mins I'd say, before looking for clues.

Emptying the complete chain is simple, just drop the database and run the init script (assuming you created the default database name) :

$ echo "DROP DATABASE burstwallet;" | mysql -uroot
    $ echo "CREATE DATABASE burstwallet;" | mysql -uroot
    $ mysql -uroot burstwallet < init-mysql.sql

I used the h2 backend only up to 1.2.9 and have no idea if the 2.0.x versions still use the subdirectory

burstcoin-2.0.4/burst_db

for it. If so, just stop the wallet java process. Remove the subdirectory, start the wallet. Directory and database will be created, I guess.

• I left the default peers specified in my brs.properties and I think the log is telling me that isn't a problem:

[INFO] 2018-05-01 22:09:57 brs.peer.Peers - Finished connecting to 4 well known peers.

This is the main error that gets repeated over and over:

[SEVERE] 2018-05-01 22:10:00 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Block not accepted
    brs.BlockchainProcessor$BlockNotAcceptedException: Block signature verification failed
            at brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl.pushBlock(BlockchainProcessorImpl.java:867)
            at brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl.lambda$new$7(BlockchainProcessorImpl.java:273)
            at brs.util.ThreadPool.lambda$start$0(ThreadPool.java:96)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    [INFO] 2018-05-01 22:10:00 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Failed to parse block: {}java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at brs.services.impl.BlockServiceImpl.calculateBaseTarget(BlockServiceImpl.java:240)
            at brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl$1.run(BlockchainProcessorImpl.java:457)
            at brs.util.ThreadPool.lambda$start$0(ThreadPool.java:96)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    [INFO] 2018-05-01 22:10:00 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Failed to parse block trace: [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@4f3879e6

Occasionally you get something about processing a fork, but then it is back the the Block not accepted stuff.

[WARNING] 2018-05-01 22:11:24 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-05-01 22:11:24 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-05-01 22:11:25 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.

• @turningrusty
    the fork detection is normal and wanted, nothing to worry about.
    You have peers, good !

What is the block height and are you solo mining against this wallet ?

• Thanks again for your help Vax. I am using the BurstNeon pool.
    Block height:

Recent Blocks
    Height 	Date 	Amount + Fee 	# TX
    480165	4/16/2018 04:43:06	2'824.75491059 + 15	15