I got the best Deadline but the block winner is always someone else ( since ugrade to BRS 2.0.4) now solved by workaround (read thread) or use 1.3.6cg for solo mining

• Hi,

since upgrading to Wallet BRS 2.0.4 i didn't get a block though on three blocks i found the fastest deadlines (in solo mining).

I checked several times the wallet synchronization of BRS 2.0.4 everything seems to be fine and in sync but although findin the fastest deadline i wasn't the winner.

This issue for me has beend around 7 days now without getting any block although i can see in my miner (CreepMiner 1.8.0) That I got the best deadline on 3 Blocks the last days.

Before upgrading to BRS 2.0.4 i found every 2 day a block, sometimes more. The difficulty hasn't changed so much and my issue is not that i found not the best deadline wih that high difficulty.

My issue is that i don't win the block although i have the best deadline. I think there is some issue for solo mining on BRS 2.0.4 but still don't know because of lack of technical know how.

Perhaps someone has advice for me. Is there someone else on solo mining who is running BRS 2.0.4 and CreepMiner 1.8.0 without any problems.

First things i will do is:

1. Downgrade to wallet 1.3.6cg and then monitoring if my problems disappear.

2. Maybe downgrade CreepMiner to 1.7.16 (I wrote the developer of CreepMiner but i think the miner itsself is not the problem.)

I read of some other people who have same issues of not founding blocks after upgade to BRS 2.0.4 but they were pool mining. Some pools seems to have the same issue with BRS 2.0.4.

So Solo mining should not upgrade now to BRS 2.0.4 , too ? Like the pools shouldn't.

• OK this is the message with Wallet BRS 2.0.4:

[WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:04:39 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:04:39 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:04:41 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:04:41 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:44:48 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:44:48 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:44:50 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 04:44:50 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [INFO] 2018-04-24 09:38:25 brs.statistics.StatisticsManagerImpl - handling 0,02 blocks/s account cache hit ratio now/total:95,49%/98,80%
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 12:28:46 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 12:28:46 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 12:28:48 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-24 12:28:48 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-25 13:44:29 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-25 13:44:29 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-25 13:44:32 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-25 13:44:32 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [INFO] 2018-04-25 19:17:58 brs.statistics.StatisticsManagerImpl - handling 0,00 blocks/s account cache hit ratio now/total:93,07%/98,79%
    [WARNING] 2018-04-26 20:21:53 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-26 20:21:53 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-26 20:21:57 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-26 20:21:57 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [INFO] 2018-04-27 04:50:40 brs.statistics.StatisticsManagerImpl - handling 0,00 blocks/s account cache hit ratio now/total:94,45%/98,78%
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 13:32:30 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 13:32:30 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 13:32:32 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 13:32:32 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 16:11:52 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 16:11:52 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 16:11:54 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 16:11:54 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 17:36:42 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - A fork is detected. Waiting for cache to be processed.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 17:36:42 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Cache is now processed. Starting to process fork.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 17:36:44 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Successfully switched to better chain.
    [WARNING] 2018-04-27 17:36:44 brs.BlockchainProcessorImpl - Forkprocessing complete.

The Wallet seems to be forking but i thought it successfully switched to better chain and everything is fine. Perhaps there could be some issue, when finding the best deadline and the BRS 2.0.4 detects at this time a fork ?

Has someone else the "fork detected" message ?

• use qbundle 1.9 and do not upgrade.

Join voiplanparty.com pool 0-100 for all miners.

• I am using Linux and not windows. So qbundle is no option. I can decide to use wallet 2.0.4 or Wallet 1.3.6cg.

Actually i switched to Wallet 1.3.6cg back.

I checked the miner it seems to be in sync now i am waiting some days and check every day my deadlines.

We will see if i am able to to get the block when i hit the fastest deadline now. When i am able to hit block now its the Wallet 2.0.4. If the same issue is persistend then i switch the miner to an older version and testing again.

Perhaps some more has advice. I am testing on and tell here the solution if i can solve my problem.

• I am on Solo mining. Pool Mining is no option for me.

• @burnme , why is pool not an option? That doesn't make sense.

• This post is deleted!

• @rds Solo mining is much better for me. The math for the tax is easier.

I

• @burnme
    Last block mined on 1.3.6 before moving to 2.0.4: 475585.
    Since moving to 2.0.4 I did not win a single block in 22 days (350 TB should yield one every 3 days on average).
    I pointed my miner to a 1.3.6 instance 3 days ago - and 2 blocks within 8 hours the same day (483736, 483850).

At the moment I don't have the time to compare my miner logs (deadlines) against the blockchain, so I wouldn't say this is a wallet issue although I "missed" 7 blocks.

@BurnMe Do you keep timestamped logs ?

• admin

for now if you're soloing, use 1.3.6cg. Do not use 2.0.4.

• @haitch said in I got the best Deadline but the block winner is always someone else ( since ugrade to BRS 2.0.4):

for now if you're soling, use 1.3.6cg. Do not use 2.0.4.

well, I posted the 2.0.3 block-signing-error with log to discord, and shortly after 2.0.4 was released. I didn't notice the deprecation of 2.0.4 for solo mining.

• @burnme ,

IMO, solo or pool, for taxes all you have to do is document how much burst you mined for the year. Easy to do, I don't need to know who the pool operator is.

• @rds that might be different in a different legislation.

In my country, it is not yet clear on what value taxation is based on;
    As long as you bought and sold coins, it is easy - if the timeframe was <1 year, taxation applies (both gains and losses, so you can reduce your taxes by losses in trading).

When mining a coin, the situation is not so clear, as I have received different info from my tax consultant and the press:
    The fiat value of the minted coin at the point in time it was minted OR the fiat value when actually exchanging to fiat. And as the is no direct Burst-Fiat pair, does the double or triple exchange (Burst-BTC-USD-EUR) neccessary fall under speculation taxation, as you usually need several days for completing a larger transaction.
    And finally, in my country everything you do might be regarded as a commercial activity (inducing further taxation). That is decided on case-by-case by a judge, if you have the money to take your case to financial court.

• @vaxman , crypto is new. there are no hard rules. As long as you take a reasonable attempt to valuate your mining, you will be fine. I was really questioning his accountant needing to know who operated the pool for a legitimate tax return, really???

• Ask an good tax conultant. I can't explain it really good. But you always have to think of the tax.

Don't trust the net for tax and legal advice.

• @burnme , much simpler in the US I must say. do you live in Spain?

I heard of a Spanish chess Grand Master who joined an online poker site to brush up on his people reading skills. He deposited 100 Euro, played for about 6 months and cashed out 50 Euro for a 50 Euro gambling loss. In the US there is no consequence. You can't claim a gambling loss, only to offset gambling wins. But no tax due. However, he got a call a few years later saying he owed the govt about 100,000 Euros for the gambling wins. Over the course of the 6 months every hand won was a gain and apparently in Spain you can't use the hands lost to offset those gains. WOW.

• @rds i am a bit paranoid to give real personal information on public forum.

Perhaps someone first time is thinking about the risks and ask some professional after reading this thread.

But now i want back to my technical problems and don't posting the riks and tax thing.

still not found a block (now with 1.3.6cg) i am waiting and monitoring. Actually everything seems to be fine.

Thanks for the advice for using 1.3.6cg on solo mining. I keep you updated.

• Hi,

so i solved the problem by using the wallet 1.3.6cg, after 3 days i hit 2 blocks. That is how it should be and during using the CreepMiner 1.8.0.

So for all those who are using Linux and Solo Mining the wallet BRS 2.0.4 doesn't work right way on solo mining (don't know if this an real issuer or its only for me).

I would like to support Dymaxion Fork but can't use brs 2.0.4

So perhaps some developer can adress the problem on blockfinding during solo mining and knows what the problem is. Still a bit confusing.

So at all problem is (this time) solved

• I want to add, I also get the fork warning in the 2.0.4 wallet.
    Every now and then. I don't know the reason, I googled a bit, but this is the first time I have seen someone mentioning this.

I was solo mining before and switched to pool after upgrading to 2.0.4 so I can't say If it causes problems for me. It is also a reason why I did not switch to solo again (was afarid it could be a problem). Is the POCC aware of this behaviour or should we open an issue on github?

Like BurnMe I want to support dymaxion, but I'd also like to mine with the local wallet again...

0_1525266788779_be8cab4b-1f88-4a68-91d7-f8ea0a966175-image.png

• @zonk I think i will report an issue on github. After the Dymaxion there should be wallet that is working on Linux and solo mining. Until then i am using 1.3.6cg.

Thank you for reporting the "Fork detected" issue on the wallet BRS 2.0.4. I don't figure out why this Wallet is forking because my wallet has been always in sync. But i think this can be the issue. Perhaps the Linux wallet BRS 2.0.4 is on another blockchain like the mainchain. There should be no forking when the wallet is in sync.

The burst orice went up and i was waiting to long for buying more last month. But there is a big selling wall 🙂