Wallet installation BRS 2.0.4 / Linux / with maria database / manual installation

• OK it seems there are some bugs and issues on BRS 2.0.0, so you can use my how to even for installing the wallet 1.3.2cg and using maria db.

After bugfixes are done you can install BRS 2.0.x and everything is
    working fine.

• Wallet BRS 2.0.2 is out now, so update too 2.0.2. It is told that there are some peer to peer hot fixes in this wallet. So it should not stuck again like the other versions.

Actually im downloading blockchain from scratch hoping the best.

• @burnme

After updating to BRS 2.0.2 the error "Block not accepted" was shown again. You have to pop off 100 blocks. After that the BRS 2.0.2 was working fine (stable we will see over time)

Please upgrade to v2.0.2 and popoff about 100 blocks.

Popoff can be done by edit config file and set API.Debug = on
    After that when wallet is running you can go to http://localhost:8125/test
    Under Debug in the bottom you find popoff

• Ok, the BRS 2.0.3 is out now. First time i started the BRS 2.0.3 the message "Block not accepted" comes again. So i deletet the old maria db and created a new one. I downloaded the blockchain from sratch. After syncing the blockchain the error "Block not accepted" was shown again but then after waiting some time and doing nothing the BRS 2.0.3 recognized the fork searched for a better chain and autmatically switched to the right chain.

Actually BRS 2.0.3 is working fine on Linux since several days. It seems the 2.0.3 is stable now (we will see in the future).

So all you have to do is to install the new 2.0.3.

Perhaps someone could write an how to for Linux how to dump / save the maria database for creating an backup. Then it would be very fast after downloading the blockchain one time for the next install.

The DYMAXION PoC2 is coming :) . I'm very thankful for all the developers who are working on burstcoin. The network is growing fast. The comunity is growing fast and it seems that PoC and burst are slowly getting more attention and recognized of more and more people. And this effect is without big promoting.

Burst has a big future :)

• @burnme said in Wallet installation BRS 2.0.3 / BRS 2.0.0 / Linux / with maria database / manual installation:

Ok, the BRS 2.0.3 is out now. First time i started the BRS 2.0.3 the message "Block not accepted" comes again. So i deletet the old maria db and created a new one. I downloaded the blockchain from sratch. After syncing the blockchain the error "Block not accepted" was shown again but then after waiting some time and doing nothing the BRS 2.0.3 recognized the fork searched for a better chain and autmatically switched to the right chain.
    Actually BRS 2.0.3 is working fine on Linux since several days. It seems the 2.0.3 is stable now (we will see in the future).
    So all you have to do is to install the new 2.0.3.
    Perhaps someone could write an how to for Linux how to dump / save the maria database for creating an backup. Then it would be very fast after downloading the blockchain one time for the next install.
    The DYMAXION PoC2 is coming :) . I'm very thankful for all the developers who are working on burstcoin. The network is growing fast. The comunity is growing fast and it seems that PoC and burst are slowly getting more attention and recognized of more and more people. And this effect is without big promoting.
    Burst has a big future :)

Please take care when you setup your databases that you use InnoDB as Engine. There have been reports of MyISAM and that engine is not sufficient for BURST.

• Thank you Quibus i check the engine and report in this forum

• Hi guys, don't know if this is the correct place to put it, but I just noticed that version 2.2.0 of the wallet is out - I'm running on a Ubuntu server, and was previously on 1.3.6cg, so I thought it was time to upgrade.

I completely removed the old installation and followed the instructions in the first post (also remembering to set InnoDB as the engine as recommended by @Quibus) and it all worked first time! Thanks for your instructions, @BurnMe. You're a real pal.

• @burnme hi can you make one installation guide for windows how to do maria db in windows and how to run the wallet the issue with BRS 2.0.4 for windows maria db will not start with the portable version thanks

• @sethpayments One of the easiest wallets for windows ever is Qbundle. The Devs behind it did a great job.
    Windows sucks and is the cause of your problems. I can solve this problem with you and one thing to check is your fire wall for blocking the programs. Also check the processes for mysql is still running. I think I will write a tutorial on how to fix this

• @burstde it runs fine in H2 data base but when i try to run in maria db it does not start, do you have to start it manually? thanks

• H2 is fine. Since you are not running a pool you can work on a fallback wallet. I have an H2 as a copy. Run MariaDB
    I would make a copy of your wallet directory BRS 2.0.4 and call it BRS 2.0.04-Maria
    Working inside the folder we just copied called Maria edit the ini file......