HELP! Lost 1900 BURST Coins!

• @haitch sure i'll do that now, thank you

• @haitch Welcome to your new BURST account. Your account ID is BURST-G4J6-MKE9-B5HM-D6LCB

• admin

@nihontastic Sent you some Burst 🙂

• @haitch YAY!! Thank you buddy! much appreciated. It's just really bizarre how that third transaction appeared...
    ok i've got this message : Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue. (Set account info, send a message, buy an alias, send BURST, ...) Last time I did all these except buy an alias as i wasn't sure how that would work etc...

• admin

@nihontastic Just set an account name and you'll be fine

• @haitch Thank you so much! What exchange do you recommend to purchase burst coins please? I used coinroom but their service is terrible and after what just happened, I really don't want to buy anymore from them...

• admin

• @haitch Thanks again, I'm happy to be a part of the Burst community, you guys are awesome.

• admin

@nihontastic We try to be 🙂

• I know this sounds weaksauce, but has anyone considered that @nihontastic should send a message to the alleged 'hacker' account and ask for the coins back? Maybe there WAS a mistake somewhere, but the guy on the other end is actually a nice guy. It can't hurt and will only cost 1 burst. @nihontastic

• @nihontastic let it be a lesson to never use simple passpword for stuff you have money in. If wallet warns about short pass you vetter be using that account to test things and not to store burst.

• @nihontastic said in HELP! Lost 1900 BURST Coins!:

@haitch nope I didn't create my own, that's the thing I just used the same pass phrase for both the online and local wallet, but the account number on the left hand side under burst logo had a different account number but i was able to verify my account

If you used "the same pass phrase" you cannot have a different account number.
    So you mistyped your passphrase when logging in "locally", and sent the funds there.
    If you cannot recreate what you used locally, the funds are burned.

Your account is tied to your passphrase. only.
    There is no local storage (e.g. wallet.dat) at all, everything is on the chain, protected by the passphrase.

• So i pass phase is the only thing on the chain, then he sent it to the same account which probably was a mining pool recipient then they gave him his portion 7 of the 1900 the rest went to the pool miners and is gone. (i am total newbie and just talking about possibilities.) Moral of the story never make 2 accounts with the same passphrase, good thing to know. Probably not a hacker a normal operation.??

• @rockofellorburst said in HELP! Lost 1900 BURST Coins!:

My problem is i have only 800 gig so far and it says no deadlines in yellow at the bottom and my wallet never increases im not getting any coins 12 hours so far nothing anyone have a clue? recipiant matches my conf file.
    recipiant BURST-RNMB-9FJW-3BJW-F3Z3M

"Mode" : "pool",
    "Server" : "pool.burstmining.club",
    "Port": 8124,

"UpdaterAddr" : "pool.burstmining.club",
    "UpdaterPort": "8124",

"InfoAddr" : "pool.burstmining.club",
    "InfoPort": "8124",

"EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["C:\plots","R:\plots"],
    "CacheSize" : 40000,

"Debug": true,
    "UseHDDWakeUp": true,

"TargetDeadline": 80000000,

"SendInterval": 100,
    "UpdateInterval": 950,

"UseLog" : true,
    "ShowWinner" : false,
    "UseBoost" : false,

"WinSizeX": 76,
    "WinSizeY": 60

• @rockofellorburst said in HELP! Lost 1900 BURST Coins!:

So i pass phase is the only thing on the chain, then he sent it to the same account which probably was a mining pool recipient then they gave him his portion 7 of the 1900 the rest went to the pool miners and is gone. (i am total newbie and just talking about possibilities.) Moral of the story never make 2 accounts with the same passphrase, good thing to know. Probably not a hacker a normal operation.??

hrm?
    You can not make 2 accounts with the same passphrase.
    If you have an account (on the burst network, there is no locally stored wallet ) and enter your passphrase into ANY running burst-client, you get to see your account.

this here:

I just used the same pass phrase for both the online and local wallet, but the account number on the left hand side under burst logo had a different account number

is just not possible. You used a different passphrase, most likely mistyped or incorrectly copy/pasted.

And a burst transfer has nothing to do with the reward recipient that the receiver has defined.
    So you either had a very weak passhrase and got sweeped or mistyped something.
    Sorry for that, mate.

• @vaxman @damccull @crutsy @rockofellorburst @LithStud
    Thanks guys really appreciate the advise/heads up. And yes I've learnt my lesson for sure, and for anyone else reading this, be patient and let the entire blockchain load on to your computer before making any transactions!

Anyway I've decided to try my luck at getting the remainder lost burst back by mining myself...It would be great to hear from anyone that might be able to help out with that: https://burstforum.net/topic/8504/macos-user-new-to-burstcoin-mining

Thanks! 🙂

• 1 day mining only seen a few deadlines no coins , now what? 800 g byte plot. switched to romania pool only 1 coin left OMG!,, I would like to make at least a few coins before i purchase a 8TB hard drive or 4 of them. Does this mining thing really work or not?
    BURST-DTJ8-XXBC-CSYG-72YA5 so what happens is someone sends coins to them self anyhow is there just a fee and is shows up?

• @rockofellorburst You won't get much with only 800gb.
    I'm currently on pool.burstcoin.ro with 10 times that (8TB) and it will take me at least 5 days at my current rate to reach the minimum 50 burst payout threshold ($3.35 at current price).
    You will have to wait much longer. Just get the drives now, I'm planning on getting more once I have the funds.

• @tibsie im so lost...

• I got my own burst stollen as well by BURST-DP55-54V8-4PH8-CZ2MJ believe me.

I had to create a new wallet, my old one was PLPQ-TJJY-TRYD-6D4PM, but hopefully I only had 15 bursts for testing... The mistake I have made, you can blame for that even though I am not sure he found out, was that in the transaction to setup a name for my account I left my passphrase in the description of the account.