Tried this for a few days. Calling it quits.

• @DankMeme said in Tried this for a few days. Calling it quits.:

First thing I have to say is, thank you for your feedback.
    It is the core concept of this coin that the hard work is in plotting and not in mining the plots.
    This is a very basic fact, but you didn't read up on it. You went straight to plotting, and then this funky GPU-thingy distracted you. That is a pity.

Plotting:
    CPU plotting is simple and i like the integration of it within the client. However, this process is painfully slow as i tested this with a small 1tb. This in itself is not a complaint, but to the casual person it is discouraging especially if you have more than 1 TB
    Considering the only alternative is CPU plotting, It was at this point i decided that I cant continue with this experiment.

It is the other way around.
    The alternative is actually GPU-plotting - if you have enough (dozens of) TBs to make this worthwile.

Even I did cpu-plot 64 TB a few weeks ago, because I didn't have the spare time to set up the GPU-subsystem. And I have a unix admin background, albeith not with Linux.

Since then, It took me __ ~3 days __ (wtf?!) in all to setup a specialized plotter box that churns out 16 TB/day, 2 HDDs ready-for-mining/day. Again, I am "member of the trade", and it was not easy or straightforward for me. If you want to streamline your setup you will have to invest some effort and learn about your setup and how it can be improved. No Software can do that for you, as there are way too many different goal sets and technical considerations.

In conclusion , I currently do not consider this a viable financial investment.

This is not a make-money-fast scheme. Although one could consider ROI <6 months a mmfs. This is what I see with all the gear I bought during the last 6 months. YMMV.

• This post is deleted!

• Yea in my previous post I forgot to include power consumption of CPU plotting.

19hrs for 3TB with a overclocked [email protected] @ between 9-12n/m @ 7 threads.

My next plot of a 3TB I'll killawatt the pc for the time it takes. The meter has a feature to measure kWh with a timer and outputs the killawatts used.

• lol come to where I live and pay .29ct /kw and that € cents lol you are lucky "My power company charges $0.1362 per kWh."

• @tross said in Tried this for a few days. Calling it quits.:

lol come to where I live and pay .29ct /kw and that € cents lol you are lucky "My power company charges $0.1362 per kWh."

Its even cheaper where I use to live. .09c kWh.

• @tross damn brother i thought my was high at about $0.135

• @falconCoin its an eye opener when coin mining lol

• @Hitti2 thats a a great idea cant wait to see your results

• @falconCoin said in Tried this for a few days. Calling it quits.:

@Hitti2 thats a a great idea cant wait to see your results

It might be soon. Wednesday if I order monday morning.

https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/6954/need-advice-poll

• I just wanted to add, I am 100% a noob, plotting my first drives right now, ran into almost 3-4 snags but finally got everything working. I hope there are more improvements to make mining burst easy so that anyone can do it (without visiting tons of forums and watching videos). I think it's not even that far off, if the qbundle tools worked for me 100% I would have been off to the races a lot sooner. Now I am just hopping once I run the miner it does not crash randomly but I have a feeling it might be the case. In a few days I will know for sure, probably some app out there to notify when the miner is down. Back to googling for me.

• @coindrifter
    I quit burst long time ago. my 7.25TB cannot produce enough coins to even try. Under 70coins a week = under 2 bucks.

Burst is dead in the water, BTC is dead in the water with fee's. What I am getting at is that nobody accepts burst as a payment, if you convert burst to btc and transfer, you pay 99% fee and earn 1% earnings. If that lightning thing pops off, btc might have life brought back into the community. Right now, it's just not worth mining imho.

• admin

@hitti2 With 7.5TB you should be seeing around 15 coins/day.

Looking at my $2K balance on Polo I can't agree that Burst is dead - hell, I'm expanding .....