Not enough documentation

• I'm still pretty new to Burst coin and the more I try to find out how things work with this cryptocurrency the more I bash against a huge wall of lacking shared knowledge. There is simply not enough documentation for anything regarding Burst.

Actually you could even call it "documentation hell" since for a project like this to continue you need people who work on it constantly which requires them to understand the project fully or at least to the extent of their contribution type. So there is at least a minimum amount of documentation required for people being able to contribute.

Therefore I blame the small amount of software like miners, plotters, wallets, etc. on the lack of explanation and sharing knowledge about how this system works in all aspects.

Even with the small amount of documentation people are able to contribute, but these are (as far as I've seen) generally pretty ambitious people for whom it is easier to crawl through the big pile of random comments from other people to find usable knowledge. This fact doesn't help in creating an environment of contribution, while especially this type of a project needs a lot of motivation and contribution from people all around the world.

From what I've read on the Burst homepage I think that this project is very well worth to contribute to. I think it could be in the top of the major cryptocurrencies, at some point in the future. So I'd of course support any good ambition for making this project progress and extend.

Anyone feeling like me here? Did I maybe miss something? I'd appreciate thoughts from people here.

• @Akito said in Not enough documentation:

I'm still pretty new to Burst coin and the more I try to find out how things work with this cryptocurrency the more I bash against a huge wall of lacking shared knowledge. There is simply not enough documentation for anything regarding Burst.

Actually you could even call it "documentation hell" since for a project like this to continue you need people who work on it constantly which requires them to understand the project fully or at least to the extent of their contribution type. So there is at least a minimum amount of documentation required for people being able to contribute.

Therefore I blame the small amount of software like miners, plotters, wallets, etc. on the lack of explanation and sharing knowledge about how this system works in all aspects.

Even with the small amount of documentation people are able to contribute, but these are (as far as I've seen) generally pretty ambitious people for whom it is easier to crawl through the big pile of random comments from other people to find usable knowledge. This fact doesn't help in creating an environment of contribution, while especially this type of a project needs a lot of motivation and contribution from people all around the world.

From what I've read on the Burst homepage I think that this project is very well worth to contribute to. I think it could be in the top of the major cryptocurrencies, at some point in the future. So I'd of course support any good ambition for making this project progress and extend.

Anyone feeling like me here? Did I maybe miss something? I'd appreciate thoughts from people here.

I would love to make a suggestion that has worked for FreeBSD.

Since your a brand new users so to say. If you could document each step you go through to make everything work. That would be a huge step forward for the docs. Since most of the long term members could writes some docs but would miss most of the simple steps since to them its second hand nature.

Then once there's base doc for new users it can be fleshed out by more long term users for gotchas or quick tips and what to avoid.

Now this isn't to put blame or accusation on anybody for not reading the little docs that are out there or anything. This would be more of a chance to get a organised set of "paper" guides setup.

@PingofD32th has done a great job with video setups but updating videos are 10x harder then paper docs.
    So if you wouldn't mind being the genie pigs so to spec in this. That would be great. Also document all the pit falls and frustrations as well since those are just as useful.