GPU plot generator v4.1.1 (Win/Linux)

• 16.04, If I have problems I will update to 16.10.

• @vadirthedark read my "tutorial"
    16.04 is ok, you don't need to update

• @ccminer Update, I had an error with AMD....3.0 so I reinstalled AMD.....2.91 and seems to be working fine. Was able to see Platforms and Devices #'s and then I ran ./gup... setup to get these numbers in devices.txt:

0_0_0_20971520_8192
    6510305595672859587_0_15991_8192

I have a 5TB drive and intend to plot entire drive with 1 plot. After I formated the drive the remainder was actually 4.7TB, is this the number to use to figure nonces?
    Also, when you run the ./gpu.... generate in terminal will that start the plotting precess? Is there anything else I need to do?
    Thanks for all your help

• @ ccminer Sorry need to delete last post - wrong info and questions.

• @vadirthedark So have you been able to plot or not I didn't understand

• @ccminer I have not tried to plot. 1st paragraph is ok, except output to devices.txt ( #'s are wrong). The last 2 lines are ok, just need help with setting up my drive. Did you make 1 plot on your drive? Did you have any files on it for plotting?
    Here is devices.txt:

0_0_0_20971520_8192
    _0_15990_8192

How do they look for 16GB RAM, 4GB memory gpu, 5TB (4.7TB?) drive? Also the path indicated in the ./gpu.... generate-is that the path to your working files or path to drive?
    Thanks again.

• @vadirthedark

I have 16gb, and 4 gb gpu, and I'm plotting 5tb in one single file too LOL

this is my devices.txt:

0 0 10500 480 8192

This is my plotting and stagger:

_0_19075000_68125

Hope these infos are useful for you

• @ccminer Yes that helps a lot. I am working through the numbers and mine are similar to yours.
    Did you manually place a folder on your drive and is the path at ./gpu... generate to that file?
    Thanks

• @vadirthedark Nope I'm using an external HD, so I just command the plotter to create the plot file there

• @ccminer Error message, this is what I input:

0 0 10000 256 8192 (devices.txt)

[email protected]:~/Downloads/crypto/burstcoin$ ./gpuPlotGenerator generate buffer /media/imbota/burst/65........................._0_19075000_68125

GPU plot generator v4.0.3

Author: Cryo
    Bitcoin: 138gMBhCrNkbaiTCmUhP9HLU9xwn5QKZgD
    Burst: BURST-YA29-QCEW-QXC3-BKXDL

Loading platforms...
    Loading devices...
    Loading devices configurations...

[ERROR] Invalid parameters count at line [1]

I have adjusted devices.txt numbers and the generate line, with no success. I even tried your numbers with no success. I'm thinking my path call may be where the problem lies.

• @vadirthedark
    mmmm in the devices.txt there must be just the numbers you wrote, nothing more than that!
    So be sure you didn't accidentaly pushed a space or the enter button, than save again

• @ccminer Getting closer 🙂
    Received this after I checked devices.txt:

Loading platforms...
    Loading devices...
    Initializing generation devices...
    [0] Device: AMD Athlon(tm) 5350 APU with Radeon(tm) R3 (OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1445.5))
    [0] Device memory: 2GB 452MB
    [0] CPU memory: 2GB 452MB
    Initializing generation contexts...

[ERROR] Unable to open plots file

• @vadirthedark check your path (plot path) there must be a mistake

• @ccminer Checked gparted, shower path to be /dev/sdc1 so I revised path with same message. Ideas?

• @vadirthedark when I got that message was because the path was wrong I fixed it and it worked I don't know if you can get the same message for another error

• @ccminer Was your path and my similar?

• @vadirthedark /media/imbota/burst
    If you named your computer imbota and your external HD burst so yes it is right, else it is wrong

• @ccminer I did name my computer 'imbota' and the drive 'burst'. If I say the path is /media/imbota/burst/ do I need to add something after burst/ for the plot file name (plots, coin, etc.)?
    When I go to my Files in Ubuntu and select 'burst' drive I get a pop-up that shows /media/imbota/burst-I assume this is the path to the drive. Since my burst files are on another drive (1st HHD) does this have an affect?

I read in a forum where someone had this problem and placed the burst files on the drive to plot-the problem went away.

In the Readme at the section on Generate it states:

Example usage:
    ./gpuPlotGenerator generate buffer /path/to/files/123456_0_50000_5000

The part /path/to/files/ confuses me. It seems to say the program will be looking for 'files' in order to place info? Am I wrong?
    Above you say "...., so I just command the plotter to create the plot file there". How did you do this?
    Thanks for your help.

• @vadirthedark should be like this in your case:

./gpuPlotGenerator generate buffer /media/imbota/burst/123456_0_50000_5000

(change the last numbers after "burst/" with your own wallet number id and your settings)

• @ccminer Update - I checked drive permissions and revised them and placed a 'plots' folder on drive 'burst'.

Ran the generate again and got this:

Loading platforms...
    Loading devices...
    Initializing generation devices...
    [0] Device: AMD Athlon(tm) 5350 APU with Radeon(tm) R3 (OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1445.5))
    [0] Device memory: 2GB 452MB
    [0] CPU memory: 2GB 452MB
    Initializing generation contexts...
    [0] Path: /media/imbota/burst/6510305595672859587_0_19075000_68125
    [0] Nonces: 0 to 19074999 (4TB 560GB 1006MB)
    [0] CPU memory: 16GB 647MB

Devices number: 1
    Plots files number: 1
    Total nonces number: 19075000
    CPU memory: 19GB 75MB

Generating nonces...
    0.00% (0/19075000 remaining nonces), 0.00 nonces/minutes, ETA: 36y 20w 2d 12h 40m 0s...
    [ERROR][-54][CL_INVALID_WORK_GROUP_SIZE] Error in step1 kernel launch

The WGS is the size you are using for 5TB drive. Think I should reduce WGS - any ideas?